If you've checked out every Connecticut road
and 3-digit interstate
, try some of the other road-related pages:
- Field Guide to freeway interchanges. This area really needs a remodel and probably won't get one.
- The Map Inside: Map scans as art and history; Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- SignMaker: make your own freeway sign. Dates back to 1998, but still unique.
- Trippy Drive '71: Drive around Hartford or go out West. Basically a SignMaker-driven flip chart of signs.
- Me and The Roads: Pave your own road network:
you pick the route numbers, street names, town names, and where the roads go. A zoomable map shows your fine work.
- Ranking the 2-digit interstates. Which is America's most important interstate? Which is the least? Don't leave this up to opinion; instead see the formula I use to rank them automatically.
- Lyrics (and a MIDI file) to Kurumi's "Hit the Road" song
- Devil's Roadgeek Dictionary: sarcastic definitions for common highway terms.
- Alaskan Way Viaduct video: drive along the lower deck of state route 99 in Seattle. Video quality is poor, but I still like my 1970s-inspired original soundtrack.